If you are interested in applying to become a Stephen Minister or you would just like to find out more about this care-giving ministry, please send an email to the church office
"Love one another as I have loved you"
What is Stephen Ministry?
One-to-one ministry by trained, caring, lay people who have responded to Christ's call to "carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Stephen Ministry provides someone who cares... supports... listens... shares... prays.
What is a Stephen Minister?
A Stephen Minister is
- A child of God who walks beside a hurting person
- A caring Christian who really listens and supports
- A trusted confidant.
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide compassionate care.
What a Stephen Minister is NOT!
- A counselor
- A Therapist
What types of situations do Stephen Ministers help with?
- Job crisis
- Marital struggles
- Spiritual crisis
- Grief from loss
- Terminal Illness
- Birth or Adoption
- Any stressful life situation.
How do I ask for a Stephen Minister?
Call the church office and ask to speak with a Stephen Leader who will then speak with you and determine the best possible match for you and your situation. Strict confidence is kept throughout the entire process.
How can I become a Stephen Minister?
Our next training class, consisting of 50 hours of training in Christian care, is scheduled to start in Fall 2008. People interested in becoming a Stephen Minister are asked to submit an application followed by an interview. This process ensures that it is a good fit for the applicant and the commitment required is fully explained.
How can I know if I should apply for Stephen Ministry Training
- Do you have faith in Jesus Christ?
- Do you have a desire to care for others?
- Do you feel you have strengths in the areas of listening, prayer and empathy?
- Do you have a desire for accountability and supervision by peers on a regular basis to ensure Christian care in a non-judgmental way?
If you feel becoming a Stephen Minister may be a fit for you...
Contact the Church office at 636-926-9773